Vision 2020: Evidence for a Stronger Economy
What is it?
Vision 2020 will bring together leading voices from the policymaking, academic, and advocacy communities to highlight the most pressing economic issues facing Americans today. This daylong conference will explore recent transformative shifts in economic thinking that demonstrate how inequality obstructs, subverts, and distorts broadly shared economic growth and what we can do to fix it.
Who should attend?
Federal, state, and local policymakers and their staff; leaders from think tanks and advocacy organizations; journalists who cover economic issues.
Come be a part of the conversation that will determine the next chapter in the economic story of the United States. The past four decades of economic policy delivered slow growth, record-high income and wealth inequality, and social immobility. At Vision 2020, you’ll hear from some of the most cutting-edge thinkers, researchers, and, dare we say, visionaries on how to reverse these trends and instead advance strong, stable, and broad-based economic growth.
What is on the agenda?
From panel discussions, fireside chats, keynotes, and storytelling sessions, Vision 2020 will focus on what research and history can tell us about how to make the U.S. economy work for everyone, not just those at the top. Topics covered throughout the day include:
- How policymakers can use bold solutions from academia to tackle inequality and boost broad-based growth
- How states and localities are driving innovation to help address inequality
- Envisioning a new economy that places workers and families at its center
- Understanding the structural drivers of racial wealth inequality and what we can do about it
- Why tackling climate change is key to combating economic inequality
Who is speaking?
Below is a list of confirmed speakers (check back for updates):
Eaton DC, 1201 K St NW, Washington, DC, USA
Explore the Equitable Growth network of experts around the country and get answers to today's most pressing questions!