Reports To: Research Director
We have an immediate opening for an economist with expertise in public finance, taxation, industrial organization, macroeconomics, or racial and gender inequality. The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is a non-profit, non-partisan grant-making and research center dedicated to exploring the relationship between economic inequality and economic growth in the United States.
- Soliciting and reviewing proposals for Equitable Growth’s annual competitive grant program and commissioned research series.
- Attending academic conferences and maintaining relationships with the academic community and other professional economists and policymakers.
- Selecting topics and providing intellectual leadership for one to two major academic and policy conferences, workshops, or similar events per year.
- Coordinating Equitable Growth’s academic seminar or working paper series.
- Representing Equitable Growth to the media, policymakers, and other outside stakeholders.
- Contributing to Equitable Growth’s long-term strategic planning and helping determine internal research priorities.
- Undertaking independent projects and partnering with other scholars to research issues related to economic inequality, economic growth, and public policy.
- Ph.D. in economics or related field.
- Strong understanding of the academic community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.