The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is a nonprofit research and grantmaking organization dedicated to advancing evidence-backed ideas and policies that promote strong, stable, and broad-based economic growth. Equitable Growth engages with academics and policymakers to better understand economic inequality in the United States and its impact on economic growth. Important elements of Equitable Growth’s mission include in-house, academic-quality research, and grantmaking to academic economists and other social scientists to support new research on inequality, mobility, growth, and related issues. Building a stronger bridge between academics and the policy community and elevating researchers and their work with the news media are both key to our work, with the goal of making new research relevant, accessible, and informative to the policymaking process.
Equitable Growth has an immediate opening for a Digital Communications Senior Manager, who will play a key role in disseminating cutting-edge academic scholarship and translating it into digital content that is accessible and engaging for the policy and other communities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have demonstrated digital communications and/or marketing experience with a research or public policy organization, and a strong track record of developing innovative strategies that reach target audiences.
- Plan and execute social media and email strategies to support Equitable Growth’s programs and events, advance its research grantees and their work, and elevate the brand and reputation of Equitable Growth
- Create and publish content for social media; optimize, track, and report on digital content development and advertising across relevant digital platforms
- Plan, design, and launch email-marketing automation programs; develop and maintain segmented email lists
- Work in partnership with fellow members of the Communications team to maintain brand and message consistency across digital media platforms
- Utilize Google Analytics and other analytics tools to help maximize search engine optimization and the impact of social media and email campaigns
- Provide Communications Director regular analysis and reports on digital analytics and growth
- Monitor ongoing updates to social media platforms and emerging trends
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of digital communications and/or digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public policy, economics, political science, or related field
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present complex economic ideas clearly and in an engaging manner
- Proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, as well as Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar email-marketing system preferred
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Team player, excellent interpersonal skills
- Other tasks as assigned
The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is actively committed to promoting and maintaining the importance of diversity to its work. We encourage everyone across the spectrums of race, ethnicity, nationality, ability, age, gender identity and expression, educational background, sexual orientation, and religion to apply.