Reports To: Creative Director
The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is a nonpartisan research and grantmaking organization dedicated to advancing evidence-based ideas and policies that promote strong, stable, and broad-based economic growth. Important elements of Equitable Growth’s mission include in-house, academic-quality research, as well as grantmaking to academic economists and other social scientists to support new research on inequality, mobility, growth, and related issues. Building a stronger bridge between academics and the policy community is key to our work, with the goal of making new research relevant, accessible, and informative to the policymaking process.
Equitable Growth has an immediate opening for a Web Producer to join as we launch our newly redesigned website. The ideal candidate will be a terrific project manager able to collaborate with the organization’s Communications, Creative, Editorial, Policy, and Research teams on the posting of new content and the repurposing of prior content updated for new relevancy, including text and graphics. The ideal candidate will be a capable writer, highly organized, detail- and task-oriented, able to prioritize, and adept at working in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and Salesforce.
- Post new content to the website in WordPress. This work entails:
- Preparing various kinds of new content, including full reports, issue briefs, columns, charticles, interactive pages, and blog posts
- Selecting photos and graphics and their placement
- Preparing PDF presentations of content
- Writing web content blurbs and short takeaways
- Selecting related content to feature alongside new content
- Collaborating with the Communications, Policy, and Research teams on repurposing decisions
- Preparing web blurbs for various kinds of repurposed content, including full reports, issue briefs, columns, charticles, interactive pages, and blog posts
- Updating repurposed graphics and selecting photos
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, follow through, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; familiarity with AP style preferred
- Strong web production and graphic skills
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), as well as web and graphics applications (WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite); willingness and ability to learn additional data software as needed, including Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree or 5–6 years of relevant experience in web production, communications, and graphics layout
- Familiarity with economic policy issues preferred
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) institutions preferred
- Commitment to Equitable Growth’s organizational mission and goals
The Washington Center for Equitable Growth is actively committed to promoting and maintaining the importance of diversity to its work. We encourage everyone across the spectrums of race, ethnicity, nationality, ability, age, gender identity and expression, educational background, sexual orientation, and religion to apply.