This new two-year Post-Doctoral Scholar position is a unique opportunity to conduct academic research in a policy-focused environment. We are looking for a scholar with expertise in economic inequality, growth, public finance, taxation, industrial organization, macroeconomics, or racial and gender inequality. The successful candidate will divide time equally between pursuing their own academic research interests in areas related to our mission and supporting our academic grants program and related activities.
- Soliciting and reviewing proposals for Equitable Growth’s annual competitive grants program and commissioned research series.
- Attending academic conferences and maintaining relationships with the academic community and other professional economists and policymakers.
- Coordinating Equitable Growth’s academic seminar or working paper series.
- Contributing to Equitable Growth’s long-term strategic planning and helping determine internal research priorities.
- Undertaking independent academic or policy research related to economic inequality and growth.
- Ph.D. in economics or related field.
- Strong understanding of the academic community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.